Teachers use inductive and deductive reasoning skills in teaching methodology.
Curriculum at TRCCS begins in early years from the vantage point of synthesis toward analysis, whole to part (deductive skills), and through the middle school years it evolves part to whole, analysis to synthesis (inductive reasoning skills).
The teacher recognizes cognitive differentiation and personal individuation when delivering instruction.
Lessons are balanced in the realm of academic skill, artistic expression and kinesthetic engagement.
Lessons include social/emotional aspects; relate to student interest and experience.
Lessons stimulate student engagement.
Differentiated instructional approaches are a part of every teacher’s skill set.
The teacher knows the core subjects skill strands and can assess the placement of a child along a continuum of growth in competency.
The teacher is able to adjust student learning outcomes such that students are provided scaffolding for stepping into the next zone of proximal development.
TRCCS Student Achievement Goals:
- Measured by Student Progress Reports (Whole-Child Rubric), End of Year Narrative Report and Individual Student Portfolio (Main Lesson Book Review).
- Literacy (also measured by the Badger Exam and Independently Developed Assessments)
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
- Understanding of various cultures
- Understanding of scientific process and disciplines
- Knowledge of history
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and logically.
- Ability to observe, gather, organize, analyze and synthesize information.
- Understanding of the mathematical process including application (also measured by the Badger Exam and Indpeendently Developed Assessments).
- Lifelong learner who has developed competence, self-motivation, confidence and responsibility.
Main Lesson teachers and single subject (specialty) teachers share content and key generative images given within the Main Lesson block:
Increasing student practice of and thus reinforcement of academic, artistic and practical skills.
Providing for different avenues of expressing the unique individual’s intelligence, style and modality of learning.
Core academic content is taught through the use of compelling and empowering imaginations wherein the child experiences implicit learning which moves to explicit in practice.
Main Lesson teachers collaborate between grades with the Director, Lead Teacher and Governance Board
Download our PDF of all grades curriculum Here.
Pre-kindergarten - Kindergarten
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
5th, 6th/7th (2021/22: 8th)
9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
PK, K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
Continuing Waldorf Adult Education